Saturday, July 21, 2007

Getting ready for vacation!


It may sound crazy, but I love packing for vacation....it's like putting a puzzle together...so many socks, so many underwear (I call them panties just so I can watch the boys cringe WAH!), two shirts a day or one? etc. But with five people to pack for, this task can become quite daunting. Last night I couldn't find Sydnee's brand new pair of sandals...did I throw them away with the box? (I've been known to throw things away...good things...just ask DH!) So at 10:00 Zach and I drive down to the trashcans (I carry him because he's 9 and he can protect me, right?) and I pillage the sacks of discarded trash only to find the shoe box without the sandals....whew! Back into the house and back into her closet....nothing! Again I ask her "What did you do with your NEW sandals?" hmmmm, she doesn't remember and why am I not surprised :P But after fifteen minutes of frantic searching they are simply hidden under a stuffed animal.......one pair of shoes down and ten pair to go!

Another thing about going on vacation......I want my house to be spotless. I've stripped the sheets, cleaned the toilets and shower, dusted and vacuumed.....why do I do this? Because there is nothing worse than coming home completely exhausted only to be welcomed by a mess.....so I'll kill myself now and be happy when I arrive home on Friday! The pay-off is so worth it ;)

I will see you all at the end of next week! Be safe and remember:
"How can we understand the road we travel? It is the LORD who directs our steps" Proverbs 20:24....I thought this a fitting verse for my week of travel ahead.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Great verse for your trip! Hope you have a fab vacation. Love your blog!

Shellye said...

Thanks, Dee! I can't wait to get it up to snuff like everyone else's :) I always LOVE reading your blog......you're such a neat lady!

Jane H said...

Oh Shellye we must be on the same wave link I do the same thing make sure everything is spotless before I leave the house :)

Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

I go nuts on cleaning too, before I go on holidays, that way my holiday can continue when i get back home. HA! Have fun!

P.S. I call 'em panties too...just for the shock value! LOL!

Michelle said...

Happy vacation to you Shellye! I just discovered your blog today. Great reading. :-)