Thursday, July 19, 2007

I thought it was time....

...to blog! Thanks to Jane for encouraging all of us at LP Club to take the "blogging" challenge :) I'm not much of a writer.....strange, I always wanted to be a "writer" when I was younger: I had the electric typewriter, I had the manual typewriter, heck I even had the pen, the paper and the occasional white-out if it hadn't clumped up too bad (or is it badly?). During the fifth grade I won a writing award for a tongue-in-cheek kind of short story (I mean for a ten year old was I even supposed to know about tongue-in-cheek?) I thought I had it made...but as we now know my dream of becoming an acclaimed author still sits at 218 Rex Street along with the growth chart forever etched into the side of my old bedroom door.....ahhh, such is life!

So, this is a new challenge for me: to blog about my everyday stuff....my husband who works too hard & too much, my kids who are just the best kids you could have (never-the-less there is drama....always drama) and then there's the rest of my comical family (includes the cows, our new found cat "Sweet Home Alabama" and our lovable little Chesapeake pooch "Katie"). If you hang around long enough you'll hear enlightening stories.....like the time I woke up to the sound of "rushing" water only to find the hose had broken from the bottom of the toilet. As I sat in the middle of the tidal wave with bucket in hand, my dear father experienced a wet t-shirt contest that he hadn't planned on seeing (hmmph hmmm). Or the time a raccoon opened (like with its paws I'm guessing) and then banditized (not a word) our stand-up freezer of two loaves of bread and fudgesicles, all while leaving a trail of incriminating muddy paw prints and the door slightly ajar! I never knew raccoons were such intelligent creatures....I mean, they have some of our politicians beat :D Now see, I'm all ready starting to digress on my first post....here is what I meant to say:

My blog pledge:
  1. I WILL post at least once a day (okay, maybe every other day! and with the exception of days that I or someone in my family has fallen to illness, days of vacation, days gone shopping, days too busy and slumped over from putting kits together and days that I'm just too dang tired to do it!)
  2. I WILL upload pictures to my blog (this is the best part of a blog, right?)
  3. I WILL compose honest posts...this is my space after-all....and I will pontificate as much as I like :P (you'll either say "preach on sister!" or "shut up all ready!")

Okay, it's 11:30 on the first night of my blog and I shall retire. I will update tomorrow with my breakfast menu, shower schedule......

4 comments:

Jane H said...

LOL!!! Shellye I love it!!!

christina said...

LOL i love it and i can tell already that i am gonna enjoy reading your blog

Unknown said...

LOVE IT...and i'm with Christina. I can tell already i'm gonna love this place!! I especially love your blog pledge!! You go girl!

Shellye said...

awww, you guys are the best! Heck, you're my inspiration for starting this crazy thing LOL!