Friday, July 27, 2007

We're Back!


We're home! Boy, what a vacation! Zach got car sick on the ride up to Branson and Sydnee and I got car sick on the way back....nothing that a little dose of Dramamine didn't cure :P


I was so disappointed that I didn't get to meet Jill on Thursday :( Tyler came down with a full blown migraine Wednesday after lunch, so we decided to go ahead and pack for home on Thursday.....he was just miserable. Other than that we had a great time! Sunday night after arriving in Branson we decided to make dinner easy and go to "Crack in the Barrel" as Sydnee calls it. They had the cutest Tiffany style rooster lamp on clearance, so Mark bought it for my birthday....I just love their store! After eating, we took in "Harry Potter" at the IMAX...okay, I fell asleep, so I couldn't really tell you if I enjoyed it or not LOL. Monday we were up early to head for Silver Dollar City...we got there at 9:30 and didn't leave until 4:00 phhheeewww! Tuesday we went to White Water....again we got there when the doors opened hahaha....you should've seen all of the people come in at noon and try to find a place to park their stuff....aaahh, I can be so mean but I really enjoyed watching them with armloads of towels and floaties grunting around and looking lost =} We had a blast barreling down the water slides....except for when my contacts got wet and I had to whine a little :P Wednesday we went down to the "Landing" which is a pretty new addition to Branson. Basically tons of trendy, high-end shops with high-end prices. I did indulge Sydnee and let her got to Build-A-Bear Workshop...it took about an hour, but she walked out with"Pinky Pink" and a huge smile on her face :) The guys have done nothing but rib me over the $50 price tag that I paid for a PINK teddy bear dressed in blue jeans, cowboy boots and hat LOL!


So, I'm now caught up on laundry and emails....hurrah! All of the boxes for the August LP kits were sitting here and nicely stacked (thanks, mom). Oh and an update on our pooch, Katie....she is home too! We got to pick her up yesterday afternoon. She's still very weak, but her puppy spirit is back in full force :) When Mark spoke with the vet on Tuesday the news was pretty grim...she was still not eating and definitely not out of the woods.....how elated we were after calling yesterday and finding out she was greatly improved and could come home! I'll get some pics taken of her this week and post them so everyone can see what a cutie she is ;)

Okay, off to bed...it's a lot earlier than usual, but I think all of us are just extremely exhausted from the traveling and vacation after-math LOL!



5 comments:

Dee said...

So glad you had a good vacation. Sorry you had to head home early!

Jane H said...

Oh Shellye sounds like you had a great vacation other then the headache! And I can't believe your boys are so tall! I keep thinking they are little boys they are young men.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back!! Sounds like you had a fun time. The photo of your family is so precious. Can't wait to see pics of the new pup...and i'm glad she's doing better!

christina said...

sounds like you had so much fun OTHER THEN THE HEADACHES and car sickness. ashley gets carsick and it is NOT FUN. welcome back (yah yah i know i am late saying this lol)
congrats on the new pup :D

Von said...

You've been tagged-see my blog!